|Species:||Kitsune, storm touched / Yannyanniichuan Blessed|
|Place of Origin:||Underhill, Yuriba|
|Birthdate:||April 29, 1250 CE|
|Hair Color:||Black, lightning touched / Red|
|Eye Color:||Grey-green / Orange|
|Fur Color:||Silver-tipped gold / Orange-tipped golden-red|
|Romantic Status:||Committed (Atara, Abryn), a few friendly lovers|
|Romantic Identification:||Polyamorous, Open|
|Occupation:||High Priestess of The Lady, Guardian, member of the Town Council, healer, entrepreneur of all trades|
|Hobbies:||Jewelry-making, hunting, knitting, meditation, wandering outdoors|
|Likes:||The outdoors, unexpected depths, conversation, books, people watching, meat, spicy foods, rain, taking notes, secrets, secretly amassing information, dark-haired women, mature women, wilds and wilderness and wildness|
|Loves:||Nature, Yuriba, caramel, interconnectedness, ongoing discoveries, curiosity, engagement|
|Dislikes:||Clinginess, immaturity, technology, deliberate ignorance, people trying to impose foreign beliefs on her culture, monotheism, monogamy, monotony, overly sweet things|
|Phobias:||Cultural dissolution, stagnation, failing Yuriba. And of course, Myria and other large arachnids.|
breisleach is a nine-tailed kitsune woman, approximately 750 years of age. (She claims, dishonestly, to no longer be able to recall the exact date of her birth.) She is native to Yuriba, and one of the very few active citizens who have never set foot off of its shores.
Unlike most in Yuriba, breisleach is formed in a more old fashioned vein, heavily curved and leaning to plump. Her height is on the far short end of the scale but she tends to carry herself as if taller. She considers her facial features unremarkable (others may not agree). The length of her hair has fluctuated over her history on Yuriba, having ranged from longer than she is tall to a bare inch or so from her scalp; she changes and plays with the style far more often than most other Yuribans do. (Currently, it's gotten very long again.) Most would consider her defining characteristics to be her ears, the same as any other fox's, and the fact that she possesses no fewer than nine fox tails.
For most of her life, she was a redhead with cinnabar fur tipped in black; in the past few years in the wake of an unusual incident, her hair in unblessed form has turned to black, her fur to red-gold tipped in silver.
Her wardrobe is widely varied, although of late her tastes turn more and more commonly to religious robes or gowns, although jeans and modern clothing are hardly absent. She often describes herself as a 'clothes horse' and seems to delight in the acquisition of more garments.
- Emoniichuan: (~2006) Red hair, two pairs of spiraled horns, black and green wings.
- Shunyanniichuan: (~2007) Rose red hair with vines and roses growing in it, grass rather than fur on ears and tails.
- Maonyanniichuan: (~2008) Red hair, tortoiseshell marked ears and tail with long fur.
- Tianshiniichuan: (~2009) Red hair, white wings with green tips, long feather tail.
- Henyanniichuan: (~2013) White hair with red streak and tipped in black, red circle on forehead, crane's wings.
- Yannyanniichuan: (~2014) Red hair, fur golden-red to hot orange, orange eyes. Often accompanied by flame butterflies.
breisleach tends to be subdued and formal on first meeting new people, generally preferring to watch people and getting a hang on their personality through observation before introducing herself. Generally, she's friendly enough but maintains a sense of distance until she knows someone fairly well or feels able to relax, being somewhat reserved in many social interactions. This can come across as being very quiet or even uninterested, although once someone catches her attention it often becomes clear that a quite animated conversationalist lurks under the surface waiting to be drawn out. Even when in situations where she's blending into a more relaxed or snuggly environment, she still tends not to open up about herself easily, although she's working on this.
Like most kitsune, she often seems to find things funny that aren't immediately obviously so and she loves drawing out an explanation or tantalizing people with tidbits of information. Despite her fondness for teasing, in situations she considers to be serious or important she can rapidly become very businesslike and almost brisk. To her, there is no contradiction between the two, just a belief that you have to have the right attitude for the situation. She's aware that many people find her intimidating – a fact that tends to baffle her, as her somewhat cool and reserved approach to first meetings is based heavily in her cultural background. To her, the lack of immediate openness is a question of propriety, not of friendliness. Years of dealing with immigrants to Yuriba has partially adapted her to foreign standards, however, and while still reserved, her overall demeanor is more likely to be open and low key friendly. In general, the kitsune priestess has strong opinions and ethics and what reserve she has can disappear quickly when she sees someone acting in a way that offends what she holds dear. Stubborn to a fault, she is also deeply committed to her religion and the island itself, to a degree that sometimes crosses the line into fanaticism, the perpetuation of the local culture and religion despite the pressures of outside immigration a central cause to her life.
breisleach is devoted once she gives her loyalty. It takes fairly extreme acts for her to break off a friendship and she tries hard to see the good points in everyone, including those she's not close to. Once she has become very comfortable with someone or with those introduced through mutual friends, she is often warm and even goofy from the start. In general, she is far more relaxed among those she knows well, with her rather formal demeanor being shed for a tendency to giggle and tease a great deal, even if she's still more reserved about physical contact and the sharing of personal information than many.
She has a definite strain of melancholy that appears infrequently. Tied in to this to some degree, she has a certain wild, feral streak that is not entirely uncommon among kitsune, leading to fits of wandering. Often, breis has intense enthusiasm for new projects and ideas; she throws herself into a variety of activities and interests.
More private than many realize, breisleach rarely talks at length about her past or her current life. For her, aspects beyond her surface friendliness and minor annoyances tend to be reserved for close friends or those who she believes might become such.
breisleach identifies firmly as polyamorous; even when she is involved with only a single person, she tends to keep an open heart. This romantic freedom is important to her and she chooses not to date in those who cannot accept this part of her nature. She is not an inherently romantic person, although she can be prone to spontaneously sweet acts; however, romance and love tend to be less important to her than other aspects of her life and she prefers partners who are comfortable knowing that it is not in her nature to place them first before all other things. The kitsune also tends to be strongly biased towards romantic interests who can understand her tie to nature and the wild. Most importantly, she seeks people who can see, understand, and appreciate the subtleties and differences between her public and private personas.
Generally, she prefers to enter relationships after having been friends with a person first, getting to know them well before attempting romance. Unlike many people, she is not overly prone to a specific type of romance, being perfectly willing to engage in both deep mating bonds and more light, relaxed relationships. (It should be stressed, however, that this doesn't mean she engages in casual ones, simply that she doesn't mind that some romances aren't as close or intense.)
Her interests in women usually tend towards others of religious bent or wild nature and a certain weakness for 'bad' girls can be noticed. With rare exceptions, breisleach prefers more mature women, finding those in their adolescence often hard to identify with. Generally, she prefers her partners to be more bold or aggressive than she is and she tends to shy away from timid or gentle women. She has a notable tendency to get fascinated by the unusual or atypical, or at least, what is unusual or atypical in her gaze; this can be physically or in personality. The most important factor, though, is often simply whether or not she feels she has chemistry with someone after getting to know them.
Biography has been moved to its own subpage for readability.
A Life Through People
In many ways, what happens has been, to breisleach, less important to who it happened with - and as such, these are, in loose chronological order, those who significantly shaped her life on Yuriba.
|Character names in bold only are NPC characters; they exist only as part of breisleach's backstory. Any characters that are (or have been) actually played on the MUSH are linked to. Not all of those who she's just friendly with are listed, because, um, this page would be the longest ever.|
- Amhran, Mian, Kaba: A triad of two kitsune and a dryad; Kaba, the dryad, died in the summer of 1249 when a combination of drought and old age proved too much. Despite the fact that Amhran and Mian were of advanced age as well – old enough, in fact, to show significant visual signs of age, something that rarely occurs in kitsune until after they pass the age of fertility – they were determined to conceive a child in the belief that the soul of their departed love would return in her. When Mian became pregnant, the community laughingly called it her breisleach, her delirium - by the time she proved to be true in her claims and the child was born, the name stuck. Despite the belief she and Amhran held, the infant showed no signs of being the lost Kaba and the pair was all too eager to turn the child over to the priestesses at the first sign of a possibility to discard the evidence of their folly. Both kitsune passed away of old age in the following decades, the child they gave up never meeting either one again.
- Fern: The high priestess of the Lady before breisleach, Fern was the one who selected the child as her successor and largely raised her. While she never formally adopted breisleach and the kitsune generally refers to her as her 'teacher' rather than her 'mother', she was undeniably the primary maternal figure in breis's young life. A calm, patient woman, Fern probably needed those traits to deal with a successor who spent much of her early years climbing trees to read books in them. Fern passed away in the 1700s.
- Yuriko: The eccentric and erratic Yuriko has been on Yuriba a very, very long time - long enough to have encountered a baby girl recently taken into the church and start dropping by to play ball with her. Despite her hermetic nature, Yuriko ended up acting as an informal, then eventually, a formally adopted older sister to breisleach, qualifying her as probably the person who's been close to the kitsune for the longest time. breisleach insists her older sister never dropped her on her head as a baby and is an excellent babysitter.
- Kuri: Kuri is a fae priestess of the Lady who entered training in her early teens; she and breisleach essentially went through 'school' together. Today, she acts as the kitsune's de facto 'second in command' Underhill, other than when she has to take time off to care for her vast family. Many of the kitsune's extended visits Underhill are to cover for her favorite coworker going on temporary maternity leave.
- Merin: When breisleach was still barely in adolescence, a strange new arrival stumble across Underhill from another world. The priestess-in-training watched, wide-eyed and curious, as she was assessed by Fern and others and finally accepted as not a risk; in time, the young breisleach was assigned to help Merin Drazin adapt to Underhill and find her way around. This was the beginning of a friendship that deepened into sisterhood, the younger kitsune's early cultural mentorship eventually becoming a formal role as elder sister to the fae woman. Today, they remain family and coworkers, with breisleach feeling a sort of protective exasperation towards her strange, blue-haired adopted sister.
- Slacker: Meeting while they were still young, Slacker was a black hair and furred kitsune - double trouble by local superstition, not to mention that she was a member of a small and exceptionally unusual clan Underhill infamous for their strange traditions. Despite all expectations, the quiet, subtle, and stubborn priestess found herself enchanted by the brash, blunt, and physically adept kitsune. To the surprise of many, the two hit it off fantastically and Slacker was the love of young breisleach's life, the two even marrying. Unfortunate events occurred after they came to the new village, however, and the dark kitsune disappeared – with evidence suggesting strongly to breisleach that she died or was killed. While a woman of differing physical appearance and the same name, from the same clan, currently lives in the Village and has shown some concerning knowledge, if she is the original Slacker, she has no memories of her one time wife or her previous life... or perhaps she truly is just a family member emulating a fabled relative. No matter which way it is, the druidess treads warily during the other woman's rare public appearances.
- Sior: Outside of her wife, Sior was the most serious love of breisleach's youth, a demure, even prissy kitsune who helped influence the young priestess towards her more reserved and civilized aspects today. She helped develop the shy young woman into a more calm, formal lady in public, but the pair's relationship was constantly plagued by problems with scheduling, as Sior was a priestess in Zokutou's service. When she developed a gift for prophecy as she neared her first five hundred years, the necessity of intense training for Tenteisei's service parted her from breisleach, something she retained great bitterness over. While the two were briefly reunited in the village after several centuries apart, the original joyous flush of their reunion soon ran into rocky shoals as both women were startled by changes in the other. In the end, they parted paths once more, and Sior returned to Underhill.
- Winterleaf: Outside of Slacker and Sior, the beech dryad Winterleaf was breisleach's most long running relationship Underhill. The two were together for several decades in the last century, but the dryad passed away from old age in the mid-1900s.
- Sparta: breisleach met Sparta very early in her tenure in Yuriba, and the kitsune and the academic weather butterfly struck up a fairly strong friendship. Over the years, she regularly spent time with Sparta socially, and the blue-haired Ryoushitenkikochoujin was one of very few people she trusted completely with stewardship of her adopted daughter, Amy, when she wasn't around. Particularly after her wife's disappearance, Sparta was a source of support, and for some time, breisleach lived in the Maison Yuriba with her and Amy, and to this day, she still maintains a room there.
- Amy: A young phoenix who ended up on Yuriba in the apparent age of a young child, breisleach ended up adopting Amy and acting as her parental figure during the girl's tenure on the island. Generally, she was perhaps a little overly fiercely protective, with Sparta, Yuriko, and Ruriko being the only people she really fully trusted around the childish seeming foxgirl.
- Furrysaint: In the first year after the village's founding, breisleach and Slacker took up a relationship with the tigercoon woman Furrysaint. However, the relationship was a bit hinged around breisleach, and in time, FS moved on, preferring to let the married couple focus on one another.
- Atara: The arctic dragoness and druidess first seemingly crossed paths in 2002, when Atara arrived on the island. It took very little time for them to strike up a fast, deep friendship, the two woman often seeming to have an almost instinctive understanding of one another and an intense emotional link. Despite this and the rather open nature of some of both their relationships, in the early years, while there was a powerful attraction, it never passed more than the pair sharing an odd night of company here and there, breisleach still devoted to her wife and Atara, at the time, involved with Saberwind. This trend continued over time, when it seemed that one or the other was always involved too intensely... up until the point when Atara, mated to Kashiri at the time, disappeared from the island. Suffice to say, breisleach was deeply distressed and unsettled by her dear friend's disappearance... perhaps more so than she even always wanted to admit to herself. In the interim, she took up with her friend's abandoned mate, as well as several other women, these relationships slowly starting to crumble when what seemed miraculous to her occurred – Atara returned. The pair's friendship resumed, then after an impulsive but soul-shaking kiss near the Yuriban lighthouse, they began to hesitantly fumble their way into a real relationship. At first, they were wary to call it such, or even talk about it to anyone, simply living together and quietly refusing to explain exactly what their bond was. As the years passed, their connection has continued to deepen, with the two now openly comfortable with being one another's mates. Atara is also the other mother of her young twins, and the only one of her romances at present to have a permanent place in breisleach's home, the Woodland Retreat. This is particular lucky as Atara has proven to be devoted to the young ones, and her assistance in balancing the full family life has endeared her all the more to the kitsune.
- Genesis: Originally meeting the woman in the context of her being engaged to breisleach's sister Merin, Genesis went through a number of different roles in breisleach's life. Soon, she became the kitsune's 'boss', as breis began working as a healer at Genesis's medical clinic, then after the woman died and was resurrected in unusual circumstances through the kitsune's power... then de-aged... breisleach became Genesis's teacher. Unfortunately, the ancient woman, beyond gifted in many realms, was never well at ease having to be the student once more, and once she regained her proper age, she removed herself from breisleach's druidic instruction and her formal duties to the island, growing increasingly scarce til she no longer appeared in Yuriba at all.
- Aurane: Whether the strange redhead was a madwoman, a force of nature, or something else is still hard to say... what was sure that Aurane and her delusions and seeming-magics left their mark on breisleach. True to the kitsune's tendency to get fascinated by the unique and possibly unstable, she developed a sort of peculiar friendship and a certain form of attraction for Aurane; the insane woman was in no way capable of a relationship, but breis was fond of her all the same. Perhaps unfortunately, Aurane could be fond of breisleach in return, and demonstrated it – repeatedly – by trying to drive the kitsune into insanity as well. While never fully successful, on two separate occasions breis bore butterfly wings as a mark of Aurane's madness-inducing mental touch. When Aurane made the mistake of pushing too hard at the kitsune's mind, she brushed up against something more powerful; the Lady's hold on her servant. For a time, she was driven sane, but in the end, breisleach gave up the majority of Aurane's effects on her to return the madwoman to what she felt was her 'true' state. Still, after that, she bore two subtle marks of Aurane's touch; an oil slick sheen over her eyes that grew stronger in times of emotional distress and a very rare, fragmentary trace of the insane woman's precognition, amounting to little more than a stronger 'instinct'.
- Kula: The ice-touched girl met breisleach primarily through her work with Genesis and the Yuriba clinic. Adopted by Genesis as a niece, through merit of the doctor's engagement to Merin, breisleach became a formal 'aunt' as well. Even after Genesis left Yuriba, she and Kula stayed close, and for most of the girl's tenure on Yuriba, she lived in an apartment inside the kitsune's home, so as to keep the family close.
- Nagisa Vendaris: The angelic Nagisa was one of breis's favorite targets for teasing and tricking after she returned to Yuriba. Despite originally finding the woman mostly a source of entertainment, as time went on and Nagisa's interest in the native lore and teachings became clearly honest, the kitsune developed a genuine friendship and respect with the woman, to the point where when she began to consider the concept of creating Sentries dedicated to specific goddesses to help defend the island, Nagisa was the first person she called upon. The girl became the Sentry of the Skies, and while now usually in a sylph-blessing and somewhat withdrawn from Yuriba to take are of her young daughter much of the time, she remains one of the first 'outsiders' to really coax breisleach out of her shell to start becoming more serious in sharing her religion and culture with the immigrants.
- Kitsune Inari: A much younger immigrant kitsune, Kitsune Inari had a terrible crush on breisleach and the two had a brief relationship, largely consisting of a tiny handful of casual dates. Despite that and the fact that breis felt extremely awkward dating someone so much younger and ended their involvement quickly, she has to be credited for being the one who got the druidess to start dating once more after her wife's disappearance and move past her grieving.
- Cassidy / Kashiri: Cassidy, formerly known as Kashiri, has been an interesting case for breisleach. When she first appeared, the kitsune was put off by her extremely shy nature, but when the girl picked up the wolfgirl blessing and became involved with Atara, breis slowly began to develop a grudging respect and friendship for her. As Atara grew scarce, it deepened into a more serious kinship as she began to talk with the wolfgirl about Engetsu, and eventually guided her to become the goddess's Sentry. When the dragoness's disappearance became certain, Kashiri was devastated to the point of suicidal and breis became desperate not to fail the mate of her dearest lost friend, fighting together with Hokuto to coax Kashiri to stay. In the end, it had an unexpected side effect; slowly but certainly, the kitsune fell for the woman, and vice versa. Their relationship was rarely easy, tensions between the wolfgirl and Hokuto, as well as breis's other mate in much of that period, Nisa, often causing problems. Despite all that, Cassidy spoke to something in breisleach she would have trouble naming and has tried sometimes to describe as her wildness. She stuck with the woman, through good times and many hard ones, and when after breisleach's short-lived engagement to Hokuto and Nisa Cassidy had to leave the island to spend time with Engetsu, trying to address the tendency of her wolf-blessing to overwhelm her, she was accepting but quietly devastated. When Cassidy returned, the two were very hesitant at first, slowly feeling out a friendship, then a careful return to a romance. While it lasted for some time, the pair's fairly different schedules interfered significantly in their relationship, and in time, Cassidy left the village again. Even so, breisleach will always care deeply for the wolfgirl.
- Ruriko: Hard to describe in many ways, the energetic, clever, and inventive Ruriko is perhaps considered more formally as a niece by breisleach than vice versa... but that's alright by her. When the woman became de-aged and her kitsune heritage brought to the fore, she developed a close bond with breis's adopted daughter, Amy, leading to breis considering her something of a secondary responsibility. Since her return to adulthood, breis took a fair amount of glee in familial meddling in Ruriko's life, although she has, alas, found it necessary to desist when it turned out her daughter had a certain, possibly romantic fondness for her cousin and... well, matchmaking Ruriko off at that point might have been more family drama than it was worth.
- Irriel: Arriving on the island as breisleach was hesitantly beginning to reconsider romance in the wake of Slacker's apparent death, the regal half-demoness caught the kitsune's eyes with her calm, relatively intellectual nature, making her stand out. The romance with the widowed paladin was something of a whirlwind, leaving breisleach continually off balance as, to her surprise, her partner conceived a child immediately on consummation of their relationship, followed by a somewhat hurried wedding before their daughter, Caileadair was born. Irriel never felt very fond of the culture of the village, and she struggled with the often open attitudes of the island, as well as breis's polyamorous nature. After the child's birth, she became extremely overprotective of the baby, going into isolation for her 'safety', sometimes not even letting breis see her... and she began, to her mate's distress, to regularly take the baby back to her own homeworld to visit her half-siblings. As time went on, Irriel was gone for longer and longer, and breisleach turned to others for support and love. When the baby was about eight months old, Irriel left Yuriba with her... and did not return. The recognition that she'd been abandoned by her wife and child before her first wedding anniversary and her daughter's first birthday was devastating to breis, and left her reeling and depressed, causing damage to many of her other relationships as well.
- Lumi: Around the same time as she met Irriel, breisleach ended up striking a rather cautious and unusual friendship with the foreigner Lumi. While she developed a respect for the woman and even encouraged her as she became Fuyuzora's Sentry, the two came to battleheads over a severe difference in opinion over professional ethics. Lumi's relationship with a male, Kaslin, was a point of some discomfort for breisleach, and the two clashed on a number of other issues, struggling to find even tenuous common ground. In the end, Lumi's suspicions of the madwoman Aurane was the tipping point; when she tried to prove the woman was a threat, breis was horrified by her methods and renounced Lumi's actions, driving a rift between them that remained even after the Sentry's death. A significant aftereffect was that breisleach grew more cautious again about opening up to outsiders, and she's shown an intense degree of distrust of anyone not native with a closeness for Fuyuzora since.
- Lyra: Originally, breisleach met Lyra as an Emoniichuan blessed human who was dating Hokuto and Nisa. However, inquisitive and hoping to settle fully into her new home, the young lady approached breisleach and asked about being taken into training as a druidess. When given the traditional test to determine her suitability, she became the first (and so far, only) immigrant to pass, and breisleach took her on formally as her newest apprentice. Today, she continues to be a long time friend, and while she has completed most of her basic training, the two sometimes still work together on other projects, most notably the Four Seasons Cookhouse, which became part of the Apex Inn complex which Lyra manages and breisleach handles design and styling aspects for.
- Hokuto: Hokuto has been a polarizing figure more than once in breisleach's life. Early on, she helped mentor the girl about Yuriba, and while the kitsune had hoped to develop a friendship, she was originally cast into a mothership role by the young onmyouji. When both women's close ties to and protectiveness of Kashiri drew them together, they underwent a rather painful and stumbling transformation to a sort of extended family, than became mates. Being involved with the passionate and emotional Hokuto could be challenging, especially given that she had a powerful link to the goddess Tsuki. Still, the love and devotion breisleach had for the other woman was intense, going so far as to permanently partially meld their spirits at a point when Hokuto's life was at risk. Despite the turmoil that marked their times together, after Irriel's disappearance, the kitsune somewhat nervously agreed to wed Hokuto and their shared mate Nisa... only for the onymouji's old life to whisk her away once more, only to be rarely seen again afterwards. While the departure crumbled their romance and the onmyouji has not been seen on Yuriba in many moons, the magic and emotions that link their lives together lingers.
- Nisa: Meeting Nisa through Hokuto and Lyra, breisleach became friendly with her fairly early on, as the sweet natured girl was easy to get along with. When she and Hokuto decided to give a more romantic relationship a try, the kitsune asked to become involved with Nisa as well, having grown to respect her kindness and optimism. Throughout the time she was involved with Hokuto and Kashiri, Nisa was often breisleach's rock, the resting point that helped keep her stable when her relationships seemed a whirlwind of chaos. When Hokuto used Irriel's departure as a cause to advance their relationship to marriage, it was meant to be one with Nisa as well. However, Hokuto's departure to her home and Kashiri's to Engetsu's side for the training that led to her return and renaming put tension on the relationship, and breisleach began to come around to a sneaking, unhappy awareness - she and Nisa had functioned wonderfully as part of a greater whole, but alone together, the kitsune felt consumed, unable to give her mate all the attention and support she desired and needed, especially as Nisa struggled with breis's growing closeness with a few others. After consideration, breisleach ended the relationship, which was difficult for her but probably more difficult for her former mate. As of 2016, the two have started to reconnect after their previous breakup and rebuild a friendly relationship and intimacy.
- Seishi: Arriving in Yuriba in deadly pursuit of Hokuto, Seishi and the onymouji were, in many ways, destined threads for one other. Perhaps it was appropriate that she was, for breisleach, a thread that came close and never fully caught. When Seishi arrived, posing as someone other than herself, she and breisleach fell into a highly charged and dark flirtation, a trend that would continue when the kitsune saved the woman's life in the wake of the revelation of her true identity. While she felt strongly drawn to Seishi and her mature, dark-tinged nature, the woman was strenuously unhappy with breisleach's growing closeness to Kashiri... and when things came to a head, the kitsune's loyalty to the wolfgirl proved stronger. Because of this, while they had a powerful attraction to one another, the two never became romantically entangled. Seishi would appear and disappear over the years several times, and while there were faint, lingering feelings, she and breisleach never managed to go beyond a cautious friendship again.
- Sionnach: In 2007, breisleach summoned a familiar, and got Sionnach, also sometimes known as 'Rosebush' or 'Foxglove', depending on who you talk to. The little creature is a plant spirit, given form as a mass of living rose vines that weave into a fox-like shape with glowing green energy eyes. While she doesn't speak normally, Sionnach communicates telepathically, and can be fairly talkative and is sometimes far more forthright than her partner... Although only if one can decipher her odd manner of speaking and her tendency to only ever use nicknames for other people. She has a number of party tricks under her belt, but is most commonly known as having a voracious appetite for books. (She likes the smell of them.) Because of this, breis has strictly forbidden her from ever entering the library, but beyond that, one looking for a missing book might well want to turn to the familiar first...
- Iessica: Coming to know breisleach through her closeness to Hokuto and Nisa, while the two other women were still involved with the kitsune, Iessica ended up becoming part of the group's extended family. For breisleach, Iessica became something closely akin to another adopted niece; a dear friend and someone she was personally loyal to. The girl and her familiar-of-sorts, Fenestra, lived with the kitsune for some time while she and Nisa were still together, and while the two have not shared a home for many years, breis still consider the odd youngster to be a rarely-seen part of her family.
- Abryn: Some time after Abryn's arrival in Yuriba, she and the kitsune chanced to meet, and slowly began to grow a friendship based out of a shared history with and interest about matters religious and spiritual, as well as certain strong commonalities of viewpoint. Her companionship became a pleasant balm when breis's home life grew troubled, and slowly, the pair grew to be closer. When her relationship with Nisa ended, while she was reforming a closeness to Atara, it was very much Abryn and her eventual-wife, Flame, who comforted and helped the kitsune through the transition. The two remained very close, and while for many years their busy lives mean they didn't necessarily see each other all that often, they tended to fall in easily when they had a chance. Over time, they found better ways to align their schedules and the long running relationship between them has grown much more intense and deep. These days, the kitsune can often be found near the pale woman or her wives, and the strong bonds between them tend to be obvious to anyone around. They have young triplets, born in November of 2015; breisleach's other mate and Abryn's wives pitch in on child care, thankfully!
- Fog and Rose Marie: Rose Marie and Fog are the kitsune's children with Atara, a pair of twins born in mid-March of 2013. Aging at roughly twice the rate for humans due to their draconic heritage, the twins appear to be grade school aged by now, and are active, healthy, enrolled at Rinkei Gakuen, and in her opinion, utterly adorable.
- Acacia, Akoya, and Amethyst: The kitsune's youngest children, of Abryn's bloodline. Like their siblings, they are non-identical, but still starting to show some individual variations in character.
- Five: Arriving amidst a celebration in a rather dramatic fashion, breisleach ended up taking on Five as somewhere between a student and an extended family member. When the trauma of the girl's life before Yuriba proved to make adjusting to the island too difficult, she arranged for her to spend time Underhill receiving treatment from priestesses and healers who specialized in the sort of problems Five faced, as well as to start to train her in native ways. Now that Five is well enough to return to the village, she's been welcomed back into the kitsune's house and as her student in Yuriban religion. She trusts the young woman to assist in caring for the children and household, and has shown a tendency to forget in many ways that the foxgirl-blessed Five is not actually a native, often talking with her in the local tongues or using slang terms that can be a bit incomprehensible to others. Some of that might be that it's just really, really convenient to have an eager student who can be both a friend and told to do the dishes.
In addition to being a high priestess, as an active member of the Town Council breisleach organizes festivals, landscaping, and new settlements in the village. Beyond these formal duties, she dabbles in a wide variety of other fields of work, among them healing/midwifery and tailoring, including ownership of a clothing store named Ethereal Apparel. She serves as the primary medical practitioner in Yuriba, as she has taken over administration of the Yuriba Clinic since Genesis's departure. At present, the clinic is apparently hiring again – what seems to be a rather eternal state for it.
She is one of Yuriba's Guardians, and often seems to organize the others, or at least tries to boss them around (mostly successfully). Indications show that she is closely tied to the Sentries as well; it is certain that the kitsune woman is the one who crafts the pendants that mark the station of both groups and evidence strongly suggests she plays a ritual role in inducting others.
One could also check out breisleach's skills page.